PE and Sport Premium
The School Sport and Activity Action Plan set out government’s commitment to ensuring that children and young people have access to at least 60 minutes of sport and physical activity per day, with a recommendation of 30 minutes of this delivered during the school day.
The PE and sport premium can help primary schools to achieve this aim. Schools must use the funding to make additional and sustainable improvements to the quality of the physical education (PE), physical activity and sport they provide.
You should use the PE and sport premium to secure improvements in the following 5 key indicators:
- Engagement of all pupils in regular physical activity
- Profile of PE and sport is raised across the school as a tool for whole-school improvement
- Increased confidence, knowledge and skills of all staff in teaching PE and sport
- Broader experience of a range of sports and activities offered to all pupils
- Increased participation in competitive sport