Our school meals provider is Taylor Shaw- one of the UK's leading specialist caterers in the education sector, providing freshly prepared food with their modern & exciting menus.
Meals cost £2.35 per day. Children will only be charged for meals that are taken. For example, when a child is absent they will not be charged for lunch that day. Lunches need to be paid for online using the Cashless system. School meals must be paid before they are eaten.
PupilS WITH MEDICAL DIETS
If your child requires a medical diet due to a food allergy, food intolerance or a medical condition that requires an adapted menu (e.g. carbohydrate count for Type 1 Diabetes), please follow this link to request a medical diet: https://orders.lunchhound.co.uk/medicaldiets/request For further support, please refer to the Parent User Guide.
Universal Infant free school meals
Universal infant free school meals are available for all pupils in Reception, Year 1 and Year 2. This initiative has been developed with the purpose of aiding child development, supporting academic performance and improving levels of healthy eating.
Pack Lunch Ideas
Lunch is an important meal for children to keep them going throughout the afternoon. The key to a healthy pack lunch is to get the right balance from a variety of foods to provide the children with all the nutrients they need
As a healthy school, we encourage parents/carers to send healthy meals and snacks to children.
Click here for an information hub full of ideas and tips
Pupil Premium & Free School Meals
Your child may be eligible for free school meals if you receive one of the following:
- Universal Credit (provided you have an annual net earned income of no more than £7,400, as assessed by earnings from up to three of your most recent assessment periods)
- Income Support
- Income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- The guarantee element of Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit (provided you’re not also entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual gross income of no more than £16,190)
- Working Tax Credit run-on – paid for four weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit
Parents who receive job seekers allowance or employment and support allowance which is
working tax credit or other benefits are not eligible for free school meals.
For more information and to apply online, please visit www.brent.gov.uk/freeschoolmeals